Shipyard Central Laboratory (SCL) is equipped with attested testing equipment and carry out the destructive and nondestructive examination of the materials, structures and welded joints.
The works carried out within the approved range in accordance with the RMRS and RRR certificates of recognition. SCL staff is certified in accordance with the current low.
SCL performing following works:
- Mechanical testing of the metals, alloys and welded joints;
• Specimens preparation according to international, national standards and Classification Societies rules;
• Tensile test;
• Bending test;
• Impact strength testing ( at temperatures up to -70С);
• Hardness tests: Brinell, Rockwell, , Vickers;
• Material structure analysis;
• Chemical analysis of the alloys based on iron, copper, aluminum and stannum;
- Following nondestructive testing is used for checking the quality of the welded joints, parts and structures:
• Visual inspection with measurements;
• Dye Penetrant Testing (PT);
• Magnetic Particle Testing (MT);
• Radiographic Testing (RT);
• Ultrasonic Testing (UT).
Contacts: Head of the Shipyard Central Laboratory tel.: +7 812 746 97 24